Looking for careers related to Architecture? you are on the right page. Careers related to Architecture are those careers that are involved planning and designing structures, such as residential sites, office buildings, theaters, factories, parks, and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, and industrial areas.
Designing and overseeing construction and repair of marine craft and floating structures such as ships, barges, tugs, dredges, submarines, torpedoes, floats, and buoys. Preparing detailed drawings of architectural and structural features of buildings or drawings and topographical relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, and public works. Use knowledge of building materials, engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
Principal areas of job descriptions in careers related to Architecture include not limited to the following:
- Direct activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentations to generate new work opportunities.
- Develop final construction plans that include aesthetic representations of the structure or details for its construction.
- Design environmentally sound structural upgrades to existing buildings, such as natural lighting systems, green roofs, or rainwater collection systems.
- Inspect proposed building sites to determine suitability for construction.
- Calculate potential energy savings by comparing the estimated energy consumption of the proposed design to baseline standards.
- Plan or design structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
46 Careers related to Architecture
There are many careers related to Architecture, depending on your specializations and interests. See this page for majors related to Architecture. This list below is essential for those who want to explore what type of career they want in Architecture.
- Architectural Designer
- Architectural Project Manager
- Architectural Superintendent
- Assistant Scientist
- Building Architect
- Building Architectural Designer
- Building Consultant
- City Designer
- Commercial Green Building Architect
- Commercial Green Building Designer
- Commercial Green Retrofit Architect
- Design Architect
- Environmental Designer
- Environmental Planner
- Exterior Designer
- Facilities Planner
- Facility Designer
- Golf Course Architect
- Golf Course Designer
- Green Building Architect
- Green Building Design Specialist
- Green Building Materials Designer
- House Designer
- Indoor Landscape Architect
- Intern Architect
- Land Planner
- Landscape Architect
- Landscape Engineer
- Location Analyst
- Location Man
- Location Worker
- Outdoor Landscape Architect
- Plumbing Designer
- Project Architect
- Project Landscape Architect
- Real Estate Site Analyst
- Residential Designer
- Residential Green Building Designer
- School Plant Consultant
- Site Planner
- Space Planner
- Specifications Writer
- Structural Architect
- Structural Designer
- Supervising Architect
- Sustainable Landscape Architect
To become a licensed architect, you typically must complete a professional degree in architecture (5-year Bachelor, intended for students with no previous architectural training), gain relevant experience through a paid internship, and pass the Architect Registration Examination.
About 1 in 5 Architects are self employed and work often in their offices, where they design and develop structural plans, meet with clients, and consult with engineers and other architects. They also visit construction sites to prepare initial drawings and review the progress of projects to ensure that clients’ objectives are met.