Looking for careers related to Interior Design? you are on the right page. Careers related to Interior Design are those careers that entail planning, designing, and furnishing interiors of residential, commercial, or industrial buildings. Formulate design that is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving lifestyle.
Principal areas of job descriptions in careers related to Interior Design include not limited to the following:
- Designing an environmental plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes
- Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.
- Discuss with the client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present the design to the client for approval.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce construction documents
- Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
21 Careers related to Interior Design
There are many careers related to Interior Design, depending on your specializations and interests. See this page for majors related to Interior Design. This list below is essential for those who want to explore what type of career they want in Interior Design.
- Certified kitchen designers
- Corporate designers
- Estates manager
- Exhibition designer
- Furniture designer
- Graphic Designers
- Healthcare designers
- Home lighting advisers
- Industrial Designers
- Interior Designers
- Kitchen and bath designers
- Landscape Architects
- Project manager
- Product designer
- Production designer, theatre/TV/film
- Sustainable Designers
- Set and Exhibit Designers
- Textile designer
Interior designers need a bachelor’s degree with a focus on interior design. Artistic and creative abilities are essential skills. Interior designers must be imaginative in selecting the right materials that serve the client’s needs and fit the client’s lifestyle. Interior designers are mostly independent but many are directly employed in the fashion and construction industry.