Majors related to Fitness are those Majors that generally prepare students in the business of coaching and physical education, organization, administration, and management of athletic programs and teams, health clubs, sports recreation services, fitness/rehabilitation facilities and related services. Fitness related Majors promote physical fitness, achieve and maintain athletic prowess, and accomplish related research and service goals.
These Majors encompass instruction in human movement studies, motivation studies, rules and practice of specific sports, exercise and fitness principles and techniques, basic athletic injury prevention and treatment, and organizing and leading fitness and sports programs.
The fitness industry has continued to experience significant growth all over the world as people become more self-aware of the importance associated with living a healthy lifestyle. Because of this, fitness has become a trend for millions of people, leading to a rapid increase in the size and popularity of the global fitness industry
Moreso, it is one of the most popular undergraduate major programs in the medical field. There are 17 related Majors to Fitness. These Majors are career-oriented. you can use the list of related Majors below to narrow down your area of interest in Fitness.
This list is very important for those who have no idea what type of career they want in Fitness and what they need to learn or accomplish in order to be qualified for that career. Now let’s take a look at college Majors that relate to Fitness.
Majors related to Fitness
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness
- Health and Wellness
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
- Exercise Physiology
- Physical Therapy Technician/Assistant
- Physical Therapy/Therapist
- Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage
- Exercise Science
- Sports Studies
- Movement Therapy and Movement Education
- Physical Education
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Athletic Training/Trainer
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Somatic Bodywork and Related Therapeutic Services
- Occupational Therapy/Therapist