Majors related to Pharmacy are those majors that generally prepare students for the independent or employed practice of preparing and dispensing drugs and medications in consultation with prescribing physicians and other health care professionals, and for managing pharmacy practices and counseling patients.
Pharmacy major is an interdisciplinary program for students interested in biomedical research and the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Like Nursing, Pharmacy is also very broad, spanning the sub-fields of physics, chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy, pharmacy practice, pharmacy administration, etc
The Pharmaceutical industry has continued to experience significant growth during the past two decades in the United States. There are so many career options available. About 61 percent of work in retail settings (community pharmacists), and 23 percent work in hospitals. A small portion of pharmacists worked for pharmaceutical companies, doctors’ offices, and the federal government.
Moreso, it is one of the most popular undergraduate major programs in the medical field. However, there are 25 related majors to Pharmacy. These majors are career-oriented. Instead of majoring in Pharmacy, you can use the list of related majors below to narrow down your area of interest in Pharmacy.
This list is very important for those who have no idea what type of career they want in Pharmacy and what they need to learn or accomplish in order to be qualified for that career. Now let’s take a look at college majors that relate to Pharmacy.
Majors related to Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutics and Drug Design
- Pharmacoeconomics/Pharmaceutical Economics
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Administration
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Clinical, Hospital, and Managed Care Pharmacy
- Clinical and Industrial Drug Development
- Clinical Nutrition/Nutritionist
- Clinical/Medical Social Work
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling
- Health Aide
- Health and Medical Administrative Services
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness
- Health Communication
- Health Unit Manager/Ward Supervisor
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management
- Medical Informatics
- Medical Reception/Receptionist
- Medical/Clinical Assistant
- Medication Aide
- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry