Looking for majors related to Social Work? You are on the right page. Social Work major prepares students for the professional practice of social welfare administration and counseling that focus on the study of organized means of providing basic support services for vulnerable individuals and groups.
Subjects include case work planning; social counseling and intervention strategies; social welfare policy; administrative procedures and regulations; and specific applications in areas such as child welfare and family services, employment services, probation, and disability counseling.
There are 26 majors related to Social Work most of which are career oriented. Instead of majoring in Social Work, you can use the list of related majors below to narrow down your area of interest in Social Work while also considering your goals, interests, and natural strengths.
With respect to career, there are so many career options available for majors related to Social Work. A considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for this field. Many graduates go on to become Child Welfare, Social and Human Service Assistants, Health Educators, Social Science Research Assistants, Adult guidance workers, Advice workers, Chaplain, Community development workers, Counsellor, Detective, Education consultants, Case Managers, Child Welfare Social Workers, Corrections Social Workers, Disability Social Workers etc
This list is very important for those who have no idea what type of career they want in Social Work and what they need to learn or accomplish in order to be qualified for that career. Now let’s take a look at college majors that relate to Social Work.
Degrees related to Social Work
- Clinical / Medical Social Work
- Family and Consumer Sciences / Human Sciences, General
- Housing and Human Environments, General
- Clinical/Medical Social Work
- Community Organization and Advocacy
- Community Psychology
- Community, Environment, and Development
- Family and Community Services
- Human Services, General
- Human behavior
- Intercultural / Multicultural and Diversity Studies
- Labor Studies
- Law and Society
- Work and Family Studies
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions, Other
- Missions / Missionary Studies and Missiology
- Political science
- Precision Metal Working, Other
- Public Policy
- Social Psychology
- Social Science Teacher Education
- Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Youth Services / Administration