Licensed Practical Nurse similar professions simply refer to careers that have similar duties and responsibilities as those of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). These professions may perform similar tasks such as caring for sick, injured, or recovering patients or individuals with disabilities, and may work in similar settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and other similar institutions.
The individuals in these professions may also be required to be licensed and have received similar levels of education and training as LPNs. In general, Licensed Practical Nurse Similar Professions can include careers like Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Patient Care Technician (PCT), and Medical Assistant.
Being a Licensed Practical Nurse is actually a fantastic career choice for those who have an interest in the healthcare field. They take care of sick, injured, or recovering patients or individuals with disabilities in a variety of settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and other similar institutions. They may work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and must be licensed to practice.
To become a Licensed Practical Nurse, one can attend vocational schools, gain hands-on experience on the job, or earn an associate’s degree. Additionally, individuals in this field typically receive one or two years of training that includes both on-the-job experience and learning from experienced workers.
26 Licensed Practical Nurse Similar Professions
- Acute Care Nurses
- Ambulatory Care Nurse
- Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA)
- Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
- Certified Residential Medication Aide (CRMA)
- Dental Assistants
- Dialysis Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Hospice Aide
- Long-Term Care Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Support Assistant (MSA)
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Patient Service Technician (PST)
- Personal Care Aide (PCA)
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Psychiatric Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Surgical Technologist