Majors related to Mental Health are those Majors that generally prepare students for emotional, psychological, and social well-being practice. These Majors focus on the study of health and illness, and recovery, from the perspective, that these phenomena arise from a combination of physical, behavioral, and social conditions. Encompassing psychology, clinical and behavioral therapies, clinical procedures and assessment, preventive education, rehabilitation processes, research methods, and much more.
Mental Health is one of the most rapidly growing industries in the United States. There are so many career options available in Mental Health, from doctors and nurses to therapists and pharmacists. An aging population and advances in medical technology are increasing the demand for qualified workers.
There are 24 Majors related to Mental Health. These Majors are career-oriented. You can use the list of related Majors below to narrow down your area of interest in Mental Health while also considering your goals, interests, and natural strengths.
This list is very important for those who have no idea what type of career they want in Mental Health and what they need to learn or accomplish in order to be qualified for that career. Now let’s take a look at Majors that relate to Mental Health.
Majors related to Mental Health
- Developmental and Child Psychology
- Developmental Biology and Embryology
- Developmental Services Worker
- Environmental Health
- Exercise Physiology
- Experimental Psychology
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions
- Mental Health Counseling/Counselor
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Services Technician
- Research and Experimental Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Counselling and Applied Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology and Psycholinguistics
- Community Psychology
- Counseling and Applied Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Family Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Public Health
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Health Aide
- Health/Medical Psychology